Translate

03 December 2012

BACHELOR HONOURS

 

Hi Everybody! My name is Isard, and today i would like to share something different from the things i used to share here. Ive been the administrator of this blog since its creation, togheter with my dearest skateboarder friend Marie-Ange Simbi. Its almost one year since our 1st post, and now its clear to me how helpfull this blog have been, connecting us with the world and giving an overview about our organisation and action sports in Mozambique.

On friday, 30th November, i was graduated Bachelor in Design. Its a very special moment in my life, because now i can feel that all the time spent at school was not in vain. Im so glad to see how proud are my parents, friends and even people on the streets. I went back from the ceremony on foot, bus and i even rode my bicycle, dressed like that... Was so special, it felt inspirational!

Without carrying a gun, and after hearing the speech of our headmaster, i finally found the meaning of Patriotism. Now i understand what my country expects from me, and how important is everyones work to build this country, once assolated by colonialism, slavery, 16 years of civil war, and now, mental and economical poverty.

   
From left is my mother, a happy me,  the headmaster and someone he hugs strongly.

December: its a good time for reflection. Important changes are takimg place on the scenary of Action sports in Mozambique. Our organisation is also growing up, changing its name and nature. But i wont talk about it on this post. Next time i inform about whats going on, but now i will finish saying that my dream is to input this design, audiovisual and organisational side of me into this skateboarding/bmx project, giving tools for young people in need to have a profession. But that is still a dream! And its not clear to me how to achieve it or even keep  my self dedicated to this project, while i often lose business, nights and other important tasks to be in this front line. Im not claiming! No, im here as a volunteer, and im here because i believe in the Social Benefits of this sports, wich Breakes Racial and Territorial Boundaries, gives an option for people who doesnt like football that much... Young people who likes Spray Cans, Live music, Nature, Respect and Love Each Other!

...and thats why im still here: 
   because i believe in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment